Accessible Page Links




Page Tools

Secondary Navigation

Main page Content

History

East Brisbane State School is located on Wellington Road, in the inner city suburb of East Brisbane.

The school was built in 1898, with classes commencing in July 1899. The architecture of the main building is turn of the century, Federation style, which features an historic bell tower.

During 1999 the school underwent extensive redevelopment as a result of the construction of the eastern grandstand at the Gabba. A section of the school ground was resumed for construction of the grandstand, with the school receiving as compensation a new block of classrooms, a library, Before and after school care facility, as well as an undercover eating area, multi-purpose court and extensive paving and landscaping of the school grounds.